Please come and join us!
Membership of the Friends brings you a wide range of benefits:
- the knowledge that you are supporting the work of the Library by helping to purchase items
for the collections that the Library could not otherwise afford to acquire
- participation in Friends’ meetings, including talks by leading scholars, publishers and authors
- a twice-yearly illustrated newsletter, The Piper, with news of the Library and the Friends activities. Download a sample copy: Piper_Spring2013 [pdf].
- invitations to openings and private views of Library exhibitions (normally three per year)
- the right to a Library borrowing card
- an annual visit to another library or similar places of interest
- discount on Friends’ and the Library’s own publications
Current Subscriptions (Revised 2014):
- Annual Individual Membership (1st August to 31st July) £20
- Annual Joint Membership (2 members at the same address) £35
- Student Member £10
- Life Membership £150 (over 60s only)
- Joint Life Membership (2 members at the same address) £250
- Standing Order
- Standing Order Form [pdf]
Please post cheques and completed forms to the address below. Completed Membership Application forms can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com (however, signed Standing Order forms must be originals, not scanned copies).
Ms Alason Roberts (Administrator)
Friends of Edinburgh University Library
Edinburgh University Library
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ
The Friends of Edinburgh Library are extremely grateful for your subscription and all donations, and will use these funds to support the purchase, conservation and display of rare and important materials in the Library’s collections.